How To Add Blog Posts In Shopify
Welcome back, Today, we’re delving into the exciting world of Shopify and how you can use blog posts to supercharge your e-commerce venture. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the process of How To Add Blog Posts In Shopify and uncover the invaluable benefits of doing so.
The Power of Blog Posts in E-Commerce
Before we dive into the “how-to” part of this tutorial, let’s address the million-dollar question: why should you even bother adding blog posts to your e-commerce website? The answer is simple—blog posts can be your secret weapon for conquering the digital landscape. Here’s why:
- Boost Your SEO Ranking: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the holy grail of online visibility. Blog posts play a pivotal role in enhancing your website’s SEO, helping it climb the ranks on Google searches.
- Increase Organic Clicks and Sales: As your SEO ranking improves, your website gets more visibility. This translates to organic clicks and, more importantly, organic sales. Blog posts engage your audience, build trust, and drive conversions.
Our Top Tip: Regularly add a few blog posts related to your products or industry. For instance, if you’re selling car parts or accessories on your Shopify store, aim to publish 2 to 3 unique blog posts every week. This consistent effort will not only boost your search engine ranking but also elevate your Google ranking.
Adding Blog Posts to Your Shopify Store
Now that you understand the significance of blog posts, let’s get hands-on and learn how to add them to your Shopify store.
- Navigate to Your Shopify Backend: Access the backend of your Shopify store by entering “/admin” in your browser.
- Access Your Blog Posts: Once you’re in the Shopify admin, you’ll find a dedicated section for blog posts. Click on it to get started.
- Adding a New Blog Post: Click the “Add Blog Post” button to create a new post. Give it a catchy title, and use the content field to add your blog post text. You can also upload a featured image to make your post visually appealing.
- The Excerpt Matters: Don’t forget to create an excerpt for your blog post. This brief description is what Google will display in search results. Highlight key paragraphs to improve your search engine ranking.
- Visibility and Save: Make sure your post is visible and hit save. Your blog post is now live and visible on your store.
Customizing the Blog Post Layout
Now that you have your blog post live, you might notice that the layout doesn’t quite meet your expectations. Let’s address that.
- Customize Your Theme: Go to your Shopify backend and click on “Online Store,” then select “Customize.”
- Change the Layout: Under the dropdown menu, choose “Blog.” You have the option to change the layout, choosing between “collage” and “grid” layouts. You can also adjust the featured image height, show or hide the date, and display the author’s name.
Categorizing Your Blog Posts
To help your customers find what they’re looking for, you can categorize your blog posts.
- Creating Categories: In your Shopify dashboard, head to “Blog Posts” and click “Manage Blog Posts.” You might have a default category like “News.” Create new categories, like “Bestsellers” for a more organized structure.
- Comment Settings: While you’re at it, set your preferred comment settings for each category – you can choose to disable, enable, or approve comments.
Displaying Categories on Your Homepage
Now, to showcase your blog posts on your homepage, you can add sections.
- Customize Your Homepage: In the backend, choose “Customize” for your homepage.
- Select Categories: Select the category you want to display. You can now see different categories appearing on your homepage, giving your customers easy access to the content they’re interested in.
Tailor the Appearance:
You have full control over the appearance of your blog post sections. Customize image sizes, heading sizes, the number of blog posts displayed, the number of columns, and visibility options such as featured images, dates, authors, and “View All” buttons.
And there you have it! By adding and categorizing blog posts on your Shopify store, you’re not only enriching your site with valuable content but also enhancing your SEO, driving organic traffic, and boosting sales. Don’t forget to interact with your audience and ask them what they’d like to learn next. Your Shopify journey is about to get more exciting, so stay tuned for more valuable content from us. Until then, happy e-commerce adventures!