Install GA4 With Native Shopify APP:
In this video tutorial, we’ll guide you through installing the latest version of Google Analytics on your Shopify store using the native Shopify app. With Google having retired support for Universal Analytics and transitioning to Google Analytics 4, updating your tracking to the new version is crucial to continue accessing valuable reporting data. So, let’s dive right in and get started.
Step 1: Creating a New Google Analytics Property
The first step is to create a new Google Analytics property. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to analytics.google.com.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner where it says ‘Admin.’
- Then, click on the ‘Create Account’ button.
- Name your account.
- Continue through the setup process, selecting the appropriate category and business size.
- Define your business objectives (e.g., examining user behavior for a Shopify store).
- Accept the data processing terms.
Step 2: Setting Up Your Shopify Store
Before installing Google Analytics using the native Shopify app, ensure you don’t have existing Google Analytics code in your theme. liquid file or checkout settings. Duplicate data can lead to inaccurate reporting. Here’s how to check:
- In your Shopify dashboard, click on ‘Online Store.’
- Navigate to ‘Themes’ and click on ‘Edit code.’
- Search for ‘g tag’ in your theme. liquid file. If you find Google Analytics code, remove it and save the changes.
- Check the ‘Additional scripts’ in the ‘Checkout’ settings for any existing Google Analytics code or Google Tag Manager code. Remove them if present and save your settings.
Step 3: Installing Google Analytics Using the Native Shopify App
Now, let’s install Google Analytics 4 on your Shopify store using the native app:
- Return to your Shopify dashboard.
- Click on ‘Preferences’ in the left-hand menu.
- Find the ‘Google Analytics’ section.
- Click on ‘Manage Pixel.’
You will see a screen that allows you to add a sales channel.
- Click on ‘Add Sales Channel.’
- Search for ‘Google and YouTube’ and add the sales channel.
Next, click ‘Connect’ and grant the necessary permissions to link your Google account to your Shopify store. Select the Google Analytics 4 property you created earlier and connect it.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Google Analytics 4 on your Shopify store using the native app. Your store is now equipped to collect valuable data on user behavior, helping you make informed decisions about your marketing strategies and ad budgets.