How To Setup Facebook Pixel Tracking for WooCommerce in 2023?
As an online business owner, you’re probably aware of the importance of tracking user behavior on your website. This data can help you make informed decisions, optimize your marketing efforts, and boost your sales. Facebook Pixel is a powerful tool that enables you to do just that. However, the process of setting it up can be quite daunting, especially if you’re not well-versed in coding. But fear not! In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of setting up Facebook Pixel tracking for your WooCommerce website using a free WordPress plugin. Say goodbye to frustration and hello to effective tracking.
What is Facebook Pixel?
Before we dive into the setup process, let’s quickly recap what Facebook Pixel is. It’s a piece of code provided by Facebook that you add to your website. This code allows you to track user interactions and gather data that’s essential for measuring the effectiveness of your Facebook advertising campaigns.
Step 1: Creating a New Facebook Pixel
- Go to business.facebook.com and log in to your Facebook Business account. If you don’t have one, create it.
- Once logged in, click on “Settings” in the left-hand menu.
- Now, click on “Business Settings.” It’s important to note that Facebook Pixel has been renamed to “datasets.”
- In the left-hand menu, navigate to “Data Sources” and select “Pixels” (formerly known as pixels).
- Click on “Add” to create a new Facebook Pixel. Give it a name, such as “WooCommerce tracking,” and click “Create.”
Step 2: Installing the WordPress Plugin
To make this process simpler and code-free, we’ll use the PixelCat WordPress plugin.
- Access your WooCommerce website’s dashboard.
- Go to “Plugins” and click on “Add New.”
- Search for “PixelCat” in the search bar.
- Install the plugin and then activate it.
Step 3: Configuring the PixelCat Plugin
- On the left-hand menu, hover over “PixelCat” and click on “PixelCat.”
- It will prompt you to enter your Facebook Pixel ID. Go back to business.facebook.com and copy your Pixel ID. Paste it into the plugin settings.
- After pasting the Pixel ID, click on “Save.”
- In the plugin settings, find the “WooCommerce Tracking” option and enable it to track essential events like “Add to Cart” and “Initiate Checkout.”
- Go to the “E-commerce” section on the left-hand side, toggle it on, and click “Save All Settings.”
- For a more detailed setup, navigate to “Events,” click on “Add Facebook Event,” and set up a “Page Visit” trigger. Trigger it on all pages and click “Save.”
Step 4: Testing the Facebook Pixel
- To verify that your Facebook Pixel is working correctly, you can use the Facebook Events Manager or a browser extension.
- In the Events Manager, click on “Test Events.”
- Under “Confirm your website’s events are set up correctly,” enter your website’s URL and click “Open Website.”
- You should see the “View Content” event being triggered.
- Test other events like “Add to Cart,” “Initiate Checkout,” and “Purchase.” Your Pixel should track these events accurately, providing details such as product value, currency, and content ID.