A website builder is a great platform to build a professional running website within few minutes. The best part is, you don’t have to be a tech geek to use it.
For those who don’t know, website builder is a special kind of content management system that helps you create a website without hiring a web developer and designer.
Contrary to traditional content management systems, website builders have been designed keeping the requirements of individuals and small businesses in mind.
Advantages of a Website Builder
- You can work on your site from anywhere you want. It is the best platform for a team project.
- You get web hosting and website builder from the same provider.
- It does not require any installation on your computer.
Features of Website Builders
Ease of use
As said above, website builders are exceptionally easy to use, even beginners can launch website single-handedly. Most of the website builders support drag-and-drop functionality, which means you don’t need to spend hours working with HTML and other web codes. You just need to drag and drop your content on prebuilt platforms.
As we are talking about HTML, it is worth mentioning here that website builders support a variety of templates and themes which you can use to give your site an attractive appearance and user-friendly interface.
Online website builders also support customization. You can add/ remove different elements of your site, change color & fonts and rearrange the layout of templates.
Supports Plug and Play Functions
If you want to add more functionality to your site, you can do so by adding plugins. These plugins are easy to install, you just need to copy and paste the code where you want to add them to your site.
In comparison to traditional website building method, website builders are quite budget friendly as they help you save the money that you were more likely to spend on hiring web developers and designers.
Things to Keep in While Choosing a Website Builder
- Have a clear idea of what you want to do with your site and write down the features you need on your site. For instance, you may write down things like adding a contact form, photo gallery, online store, blog section, etc.
- In case, you’re not sure about what you want; you may check out websites that inspire you.
- Check for how long people are using the builder?
- How long has the website builder been launched?
- Most website builder platforms offer trial accounts so take advantage of them.
- Make sure website builder you are choosing has the capability of handling the needs of your website.
Some Renowned Website Builder Tools
There are much more on the list. However, Wix and Weebly are two most well-known website builders that most people prefer to create a professional website in just a few steps.
These website building platforms are quite a user-friendly and offer eye-pleasing themes and templates.