Why WordPress CMS for Web Development
A Free and Open-source Content Management System (CMS) based on PHP and MYSQL installed on a web server, it is free to install, deploy, and upgrade which is already part of an Internet hosting service or is a network host itself; which contains thousands of Plugins and a template system. Yes! We are talking about WordPress. WordPress was used by more than 27% of the top 10 million websites in 2016. WordPress is the most popular CMS for Web Development system used by 60 million websites on web.
It was released on 27th of May, 2003 by its founder Matt Mullenwegg and Mike Little.
People make mistake of classifying WP as just a blogging tool. Though they were used to be true in past, WP has evolved during the years into versatile CMS for web development. While you can still use WP to create a simple blog, now you can create responsive websites and mobile applications as well.
Let’s take a look at why you should use WordPress.
Benefits of WordPress as a CMS for Web Development
- WP CMS makes easier to manage and development of website with just having knowledge of web development without any training or certifications everyone can develop and manage websites.
- Easiest way to add and manage content on sites, like editing pages, uploading pictures, multimedia and much more.
- The Platform which enhances user experience with custom CMS development by offering styles, features, colors, and attractive built-in and premium themes, plug-ins and templates that help develop a site in lesser time.
- One of the most prominent features of WordPress is that it is search engine friendly CMS platform that can be used to enhance performance and increase the visibility in search engines. WordPress is known as the most SEO friendly CMS development platform.
- Using WP CMS, you can support many websites at the same time as well as also can provide support to multiple users as any authorized person from anywhere around the world anytime.
WordPress CMS offers high level security. Only the owner of the site has full control of the website.